Feeling a little wiser this week as I turn a year older. And in honor of that, here are ten items I’ve learned are worth the investment….even if it means less Starbucks for a week or two (oops!)…
Ok, so maybe I have a little more learning to do…but with twenty-six years under my (oversized, metallic) belt, I’ve figured out what will just sit in my closet and what’s worth saving your (hard earned!) pennies for:
1. A Black Leather Jacket. Yes, they’re pricey but hey, they look better with age! Go for something classic with a little edge like this.
2. Statement Sunnies. They will always complete your look, and Celine + Karen Walker will never steer you wrong. Try these.
3. A Forever Bag. Stray away from the IT bag of the season, and opt for something a little more timeless like this.
4. Bold Black Boots. Something cool + comfortable like these.
6. A Classic Pump. A pointed toe Manolo is a game changer (and they’re so, so comfortable). Try these.
7. A Crisp White Blouse. Because, duh. You know I love this.
8. The Right Lipstick. Find your signature shade + work it. This is my every day hue.
9. A Chic Interview Dress. You’ll never have to worry when you get that game-changing call. If you’re a girl boss who means business, try this.
10. An Everyday Ring. For those of us without bling on that special finger, I love having an everyday statement ring on. It makes me feel a little more put together. I wear this + this on a daily basis.
These closet staples are the foundation to any amazing, no-fuss wardrobe. I’ve found that with these pieces, I rarely have days where I feel like I have nothing to wear or need to ask Lucy where my white collarless shirt from Fred Segal is.
Sure, in 5-10 years some of these items will need a little break, but they’ll always come back around for a little more love.
As for t-shirts, I can’t and won’t spend a fortune on them. They always wear and always get teeny tiny holes after a while, no matter how much I dish out for them. Other sites will tell you otherwise and trust me, I’ve drank the cool-aid and it’s not worth it!
For super trendy pieces + trendy prints, Zara will forever be my go-to.
Shop my look + closet staples here:[show_shopthepost_widget id=”981761″]